Wanted in locations:
- Cedar Rapids, IA
- Lincoln, NE
Windstar Lines is seeking a qualified Diesel Technician with a solid mechanical and heavy diesel repair background to work on late model tour / charter bus and motorcoaches.
We are looking for a leader with 2+ years of experience in diesel mechanics, diesel repair, diesel rebuild, and troubleshooting electrical and HVAC systems preferred. Must be able to work within a team environment.
This is an excellent opportunity within a company that is well respected in our industry. We are experiencing phenomenal growth and we are looking for candidates that will be prepared to help us drive toward the future. Work in a new, modern, smoke free facility. Hours 7:00AM - 4:00PM or 8:00AM - 5:00PM. Pay based on experience $20-$30 per hour.
Main qualifications and duties will include but not be limited to:
- Technical degree, certificate or diploma in diesel engines, electronics, or equivalent amount of experience
- Diagnoses and repairs problems in the areas of engine, component parts and various other vehicle items
- Must have a strong work ethic and the ability to get a job done quickly and efficiently.
- Must have a valid Driver's License prefer CDL. Must be willing to obtain CDL with passenger endorsement within the first 90 days of employment.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Compensation: Will be commensurate with your experience. Flexible work schedule is a possibility.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please reply with resume.
888-494-6378 ask for Juan or Scott
All applications confidential.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $30.00 per hour
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
1. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the work satisfactorily. Have knowledge of equipment parts, equipment maintenance, and the ability to troubleshoot problems. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform job functions.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or AA degree in mechanical or industrial maintenance. Three or more years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.